Saturday 16 April 2016

Malifaux - Tale of Many Bloggers

So at our gaming club, we have been challenged to some further adventures in Malifaux.
This has resulted in around 12 of us looking to either get our crews painted and on the table, or to pick up and develop a new crew.

The idea is fairly simple. There's a £40 budget for month one (includes the end of April as well as all of May), and £15 a month for each month thereafter until the end of September. Unused budget is allowed to roll forward to the following month. Freebies from various offers can also be included, for example, via the monthly promotions on Wyrd miniatures webstore.

Purchases will be via our local hobby stockist ABZ Games who provide an excellent range and service as well as a discount on our shiny Malifaux goodies.

As I have been playing Malifaux for some time (nearly a year and a half) and have yet to actually get anywhere with my crew, I am taking this opportunity to actually get the little blighters done and on the table in fully painted glory.

I chose the Guild after perusing the shiny stuff that ABZ had to offer - I liked the idea of an organisation trying to exert absolute control over the region, while facing attack and resistance from within and without.  In particular I was attracted to the Wild West feel of the Latigo Posse and the idea of a family of embittered enforcers holding the fringes of the Malifaux territories. The Guild have a lot of shiny toys, and depending on how I break down the spend, a second Master and Crew box might come in handy.

So, month one is a £40 budget and I'm going to start with:

The Latigo Posse - Pereira's crew (£25.50)

Death Marshals -  (£13.60)



For a total of £39.10, leaving me a whopping 90p to carry on to next month's budget.

At this point I may cheat a little and sub out some of the minis. I have in my to do pile the rather nice alternate sculpts for some of the characters.  I have Santana (alternate Santiago), the alternate Francisco and Miss Terious, and alternate Death Marshal.  I have seen a few examples of Santiago and Santana mounted on a single base, fighting back-to-back, which is an idea I may use as they count as the same unique model, it is only possible to use one at a time anyway.

June's spend is likely to be on some Austringer's or possibly the Latigo Pistoleros if they are out by then. Another alternative may be a Peacekeeper to help back up the Latigos shootiness with some close combat punch.

So there we have it.
The first blog post on here in some time, and it's an attempt to get me back into the swing of painting stuff.

Next post should be about the progress in the ToMB. Fingers crossed it doesn't take me for ever to get it done.......


No comments:

Post a Comment